In the United States, AREVA is the only supplier that has supported the successful licensing, engineering, procurement, installation, and commissioning of a nuclear reactor’s full-scope digital Safety Instrumentation and Control (I&C) Protection System.
As the world leader in digital I&C systems for nuclear applications,our innovative technology achieves proven results in safety, operational efficiency, overall plant reliability, operational cost reductions, and positive operator feedback by addressing obsolescence and delivering:
- Advanced operator interfaces and controls
- Advanced digital technology to address old analog system obsolescence
- Enhanced levels of system redundancy
- Modern manufacturing quality that meets the latest standards
- Self-monitoring to ensure system health and proper operation
- Independent, isolated, redundant subsystems using fiber-optic cables
- Advanced system protection through intelligent signal status processing, which prevents fault propagation
Watch this video and explore the brain and central nervous system of a power plant: the instrumentation and control system.