Seven AREVA Inc. projects in five categories advanced to Finalists status in the Platts Global Energy Awards competition.
Finalists were chosen from a list of over 200 nominations, based on their performance for each category’s criteria within the designated time frame. Over the past 13 years the Global Energy Awards have honored and recognized those who have transcended the status quo in the name of excellence in leadership, innovation and performance in the energy industry. Winners of the 2012 Global Energy Awards will be announced on November 29, 2012.
The AREVA projects recognized as Finalists for the 2012 Platts Global Energy Awards are:
- Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant Mini Inside Diameter Temper Bead (IDTB) Welding — in partnership with Constellation Energy Nuclear Group
- Filtered Containment venting System (FCVS) for Cernavoda Plant
- Transnuclear Salt Inspection Tooling for Dry Shielded Canisters in Marine Environments
- U.S. Technical Center, part of the new AREVA Solutions Complex
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Dialogue & Stakeholder Engagement through our Sustainable Development commitments and the Community Advisory Council
Sustainable Innovation Category
- AREVA’s Greenergy Box™ (GeB) Hydrogen Energy System
Green Energy Supplier
- AREVA’s clean energy portfolio